Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Living In A Living Room



I started to organize some of my minis.  It was a scary thing, so I did two boxes of furniture and stopped.  I need to devote a cold winter weekend to taking everything out and sifting through it.  Including my work space and the cabinets who's depths I haven't ventured into in quite some time.

I'm not saying its a "horde" but I freely admit that there's a lot of stuff very nicely labelled cute boxes that need addressing.  I need to make a date with my label maker machine and attack!

But since I had a few minis out....and needed to store some of my summer finds, I took the time to play around in my new room box.

As you can see from my last post, I can easily swap out the fireplace which is held in place with museum wax.  Pro tip (and by pro I mean that it took a long time to figure out): museum wax residue (not clumps!) comes off easily with a rubbing alcohol swab/square or a q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol.  It hasn't ruined any of my painted walls, painted paper, or other surfaces.  But test your surface first!

Let's tour the room!






This room is a bit of an homage to Warren Richardson.  He made the beautiful sofa and chair which I purchased in Florida.  These are still widely available and on eBay, both in tan and black.  They are beautifully made!  I also realized that he made the floor lamp too!  But I've had that for some time now.  




Care for a drink? I have a nice Chianti in a sweet wrapped bottle tucked in the bar. 


Or maybe you want to relax, play some cards and enjoy a cigar.  




No matter what you choose, listening to some music is always a good idea.  



It's always nice to dig out items in your collection and see them up close.  I enjoy re-envisioning them every time I take them out.  





Where To Buy / Where To Find


Leather Bag - by Jose Gomez
Bar and Bookcase - Jane Harrop kits
Pottery - Alex Meikeljohn
Leather Sofa and Chair - by Warren Richardson (via The Toy Box in Cocoa, Florida)
Guitar and Chianti bottle - Grandpa's Doll House
Records and crates - Keenderson Miniatures
Coffee Table - MiniModels
Blue Floor Lamp and reading glasses - MitchyMooMiniatures
Credenza and record player - by me



15 comments :

  1. I love this! You make me want to do Mid Century modern in more of my houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. You and me both! When I renovate, I have promised myself to go mid century!

      Delete
  2. I love the way you've composed your eclectically modern living room, Kat, particularly the art on the walls! I'm also enjoying the various accessories you've included which have all come together Very Nicely!
    Also Love your choice for the area rug too: the acid yellow colour and the worn pattern on it are Ideal for this contemporary vintage setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. I found the "rugs" in a giant bin of fabric sample cast offs. Almost fell in the bin, but I got what I wanted!!

      Delete
  3. You have such and interesting and stylish bunch of excellent minis, Kat! And what a beautiful room to show them off in! Awesome work on the Credenza and record player!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect scene! and I love the carpet.... wish I had one like this in my 'hoarding' box ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that wall clock for my real house. I love it! This is a wonderful room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. Strömshaga

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. Aplikasi Dalam Talian Visa Kanada

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... ויזת תייר בהודו

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks. India-Visa-Pelancong

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is good news for travelers around the world interested in traveling to Myanmar: Myanmar e visa is open now and easy to access online from the Date of 1st april 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellet post.. Thank you.. After the applying for application and uploading documents for Azerbaijan visa, you have to make payment for Azerbaijan visa fee online with the payment card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there! This is my first visit to your blog! What is the time duration of a Kenya transit visa ? The time duration of a Kenya transit visa is usually less than 3 days or 72 hours.

    ReplyDelete