Sunday, May 17, 2015

Stalking Some Prey......At The Antique Market





We made a family trip to the Aberfoyle Antique Market today.  Miss Kitty was good for the first 30 minutes.  Once she learned that she could not play with the "toys" there or follow mama into the stalls, she was not pleased.  Daddy went to play with her on the playground and sand pit and I went off to look around not intending to find dollhouse bits, BUT I DID!!!  I spotted a dirty box on the ground under a table with some dollhouse bits, and there I dug away.  But this was before Miss Kitty found the playground, so I was distracted by a screaming toddler.  I grabbed what I could!  The dealer gave me 2 chairs, 2 tables, 2 porcelain pieces and 1 glass jug for $15.  


Furniture

While my taste in furnishings is not faux wicker, I fell in love with the white chair.  It is handmade by "DN" in 1979.  Even the cushion is hand stitched with stitched on piping. Wonderful work and detail by "DN," so whoever you are, thank you!

The faux rattan Asian inspired metal chair was also adorable.  It is signed "CYR."  However, the painting is meh and the colours are equally meh, so unless someone says the "CYR" signature equals a priceless piece, it will one day be painted.





The 2 tables are rather cute.  The formal brown table is plastic (but well painted to look like wood).  It has a butterfly trademark that I was unable to Google.  Anyone know who manufactured the table?  Best part, the drawer actually pulls out!  

The cream table is burnished in gold and is solid wood.  It also might meet with a paint job in the future.






Accessories 


The little rose container and the pink jar rather cute.  No markings.  I really like the blue glass jug.  And I was surprised it wasn't damaged having been in the nasty box on the ground.



While searching alone sans husband and child, I found this tiny turned wood box with lid.  I was immediately drawn to the ombre paint and the soft grey/green/blue colour.  Inside are what I think are dry corn that have been whittled.  Only $5 and I couldn't leave it behind.





The same ombre box dealer had this tiny plastic Scotty dog mounted on a piece of stone.  At first I thought the dog was metal, but its plastic.  Also, $5 and it was love at first sight!




If anyone knows anything about any of the artisans that made the pieces or the manufacturer of the table, please leave me a note in the comments.  I'd love to learn more.


And on another note........I have soooooo many pictures to edit.  I've been sitting on posts forever.  The bedroom is done along with my side project.  I finally edited down the photos I want and just need to fix them up and get to writing.  Sorry!  Gardening and my husbands travels had put a full stop to much of my free time.  But the garden looks good.





5 comments :

  1. Hi Kat! What a Haul that you have stumbled onto, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love those kinds of finds and your new purchases are REALLY NICE!!! I know a little about the brown plastic table, which appears to be from The Goebel Butterfly Collection of 1:12 furniture that was around in the 80's. I happen to have six of the chairs and a secretary from the same line. They were more pricey than the plastic Chrysnbon, and the styles were more Tudor and William and Mary as I recall. The details were refined and the finish on the plastic was lovely! I haven't a clue where or when I got mine, but I know that they have been out of production for quite some time. I googled them and found an auction house that sold their Lot for a mere pittance to a Very Happy and Lucky buyer!
    Enjoy ALL of your new toys Kat, and I hope that Miss Kitty has regained her composure again. :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it weird that I secretly thought/hoped you would know who made the table? Hahahaha. Thank you so much! It's always nice to find a diamond in the rough. I think I might have to go back sans child (but with husband) and dig through that dealers boxes again! Hugs and thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Great finds, and what a bargain! Don't know who the makers are but I would paint that chair too :D The wooden tub is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete