Sunday, 28 June 2015

Lisa of Denmark meet Kat of Canada



When I bought the Lisa of Denmark set at the antique sale I got it as part of a group of mini items.  It looked retro and interesting, so I thought, why not?  Lisa of Denmark was bought out by Lundby, so I assume  its 1:18 scale.  Read more about Lisa of Denmark on Dollhouses Past and Present.

It was sitting in its boxes begging to come out and be styled.

I was a little stuck for scaled items for the scene, but I dug out a few. My retro starburst mirror worked!  How much more retro does a beige and brown corduroy sofa and chairs get?  I even found some "vintage" inspired paper. The scene left me with an urge to scout out my local GoodWill store for its real life sized clone. I plunked a pagoda and the coffee set on the table. The carpet is a 1:12 runner.

Sadly, my grey wood staging wood floor will be glued on to the 1:24 house I've been tinkering with in the background.   More on that soon. My room box is slowly progressing so I will have to wait on that floor to be finished. On Canada Day I plan to bust out the table saw to give it a base.










Ordered cabinets from Ikea for Miss Kitty`s play room.  `Besta`cabinets everywhere.  Door fronts in a separate order that hopefully arrives this week.  It`s an Ikea typhoon in my basement.  I like assembling it, one of those weird people that enjoy Ikea assembly.  What I hate is attaching them to the wall with their anti-tip hardware.  I would rather assemble a 1:144 Victorian dollhouse with a blindfold on.  Rum and coke time.






4 comments :

  1. Have you thought of using thrifted bamboo table runners for flooring? (http://theshoppingsherpa.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/three-floors.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amaze-balls! I actually have one in my line me closet gathering dust. It will be perfect. Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the bamboo table runners would be PERFECT! This is what I LOVE about blogging, it is all of the free-flowing information that is so generously shared. :)) Your Retro scene sure brings back memories!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bamboo runner is now out of the linen closet and in the mini making zone

      Delete