Thursday, 14 April 2016

My Puppy.....




This followed me home the other day from the thrift store.  Like a puppy in need of a home.  But it was only $14.99 and perfectly intact.  It's almost a clone of Greenleaf's  Arthur dollhouse (minus an inch here or there).  Think this will be my dry run at building and wiring and *%$* a kit before I tackle the Orchid project that's been in my mind for over a year now....eeek.

And from what I could gather from various internet sources, PC made a copy of the Tennyson too.  The "Arthur" kit is copyright 1997 on the box.


4 comments :

  1. Very intriguing! Are the instructions still there? What are the finished dimensions? Oh I can't wait to see how you modernize! Get busy lady! I wanna see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. It's 20w x 23h x 14d. Everything inside is pristine....minus the box. My wheels are turning to plan this out!

      Delete
  2. What a Great Find, Kat! This is certainly news to me, yet I wonder how they could copyright a copyrighted design?; because (to me) it looks identical to The Arthur. Even so , I would say that you hit the jackpot Kat, and as Jodi has already said- "Get Busy Lady! (cause) "I want to see" too!!!! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm treating it like one of their "no name" products. Made by Greenleaf for PC. It has to be.....it's too close and who else would have the capacity to cut the plywood, etc? Or it's just a PC mystery. I should tweet Galen Weston and grill him on this!

      Delete