Saturday, 19 December 2015

Counting The Days...




I kinda caved in early December.  I had a pile of Christmas minis to make and I said, no more!  Then I saw this cute advent calendar kit from Jean Day Miniatures and I bought it....and a few other things to make the postage worthwhile (right??).

I like my Lindt advent calendar.  Miss Kitty has the one I made her earlier this year, and its filled with stickers.

Putting it in the laundry room was a throw back to my childhood....for some reason we left it in there.  Probably because it was kind of tacky looking and my mom didn't like the eye sore.  Wonder where I get my design eye from?  It's genetic.  Not my fault.

The washer and dryer are salt and pepper shakers.  I found them at an antique store this summer and couldn't leave them behind.  The detergent boxes come from a great (and super affordable) Canadian eBay seller, mysmallworld11.  When you're too lazy to try and re-size and print something, they probably already have it for sale!











Where To Buy













6 comments :

  1. This is MARVELOUS Kat! My mother use to make Christmas Calendars with designated Treat Days where we would get some type of candy on those days leading up to Christmas. When outgrew the Calendars then she made one for her grandchildren. It is a wonderful tradition and one that I am certain Miss Kitty will remember all of her life!
    Your finds of the Washer/ Dryer salt shakers is a PERFECT Christmas gift to yourself as not only do they harken back to a more innocent time, but as one can plainly see, these appliances were BUILT TO LAST!
    And they most certainly have... even the mini ones! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or all my Christmas memories I always come back to the advent calendar. Nothing beat chocolate treats with breakfast before school! And yes, those oldies were built to last. I just had my 3 year old dryer serviced due to computer problems. No more "fix it yourself".. It's cheaper to buy a new one!

      Delete
  2. Creo que esa lavadora y secadora han sido un precioso hallazgo.
    ¡Feliz Navidad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Isabel! Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad to you too!

      Delete
  3. salt & peppershakers? haha, we get our miniatures from everywhere, I really like that! :D Love the coat btw. Very nice scene and so funny that the adventcalender was in the laundryroom and in miniature it should definately be there too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do get minis everywhere...I was in line at IKEA today and I was looking at some rubber drawer liner and had thoughts of a mini bathroom floor....I just can't stop:)

      Delete