Thursday, December 03, 2015

The Half Scale Saga Pt. 7 - The Living Room



This is it! The last post of The Half Scale Saga! Let me tell you its nice to not only be physically done with a project but also done writing about it....and trying to keep track of what part of the saga I am writing about.

I had a lot of fun decorating this room.  Filling in a room is always more fun then building the component pieces.



The Bookcases

I took pictures of them before I glued them inside.  Once and a while I exhibit signs of brain activity.  A few mini books (made of wood) and some plants did most of the work.  And some original art by me too!








Park Your Butt Here

The couch and chair are a simple wood frame wrapped in linen.  No batting or filler was used because these will be used with small dolls.  Given the small scale, if you pad the seats it makes it difficult for dolls to sit correctly. And if the doll doesn't sit correctly or falls off all you will hear is, "momma fix the doll puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze."

The coffee table (better pictured later) is a wood block stained grey with gold feet.







The Accents

The mirror is from MiniEtchers and painted a robin's egg blue.  The table with "hobnail" detail was inspired by a table I saw at HomeSense.  The white table with cube drawers is my take on the Ikea Hemnes sofa table that I have, in white, in my basement.  The drawers are merely just fronts made out of thin cork sheets backed on wood.







A Different View

Here are a few other views of the room.  The fireplace was a 1:24 resin fireplace I picked up from Grandpa's Dollhouse.









I packed this gift up using 4 very large Pampers diaper boxes, 1.5 rolls of packing tape, some fleece blankets and tissue paper.  Not to mention an envelope containing instructions on how to cut open the box without damaging what was inside.  I also purchased a medium sized wood box (think jewllery box size) at the dollar store.  I stained it grey and lined it with a thin grey felt.  It houses all the loose furniture and the dolls.  The organization freak inside me couldn't help it!

This weekend also marks when I can finally get my post about the other secret project I have been working on.  The gift gets delivered and opened Sunday.  Hopefully its size will not horrify the parents!


12 comments :

  1. Looks great! Looking forward to seeing your secret project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nora! The project is quasi mini 1:12 and a bit of kids focused fun. I'll get it up soon!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! My head can't get wrapped around how small it must be, you can't tell the scale from the photos, every detail is so right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I really enjoy the smaller scale.....minus getting everything gluey and stuck to my fingers because it's smaller!

      Delete
  3. The proportions are very good and everything in style. It is difficult to note that it's half scale.
    Great job!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Drora! Your small scale projects are inspiring!

      Delete
  4. Such a cozy and cute room. I should finish my half scale Chantilly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have fallen in love with half scale. It would sure save me lots of storage space

      Delete
  5. I am impressed by you - to work in such a small scale and make it look so real :-)))
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. conratulations on finishing this wonderful project! I can imagine you're happy you're done finally, it will have been fun, but at a certain point you just want it ready I'm sure. It's just lovely!! I keep finding it amazing how much detail you've put in it! I hope it will arrive savely, but with all your precautions I'm sure it will. And I'm also sure the parents will be happy someone made this amazing house for their child that will be over the moon with it. The size is (hopefully) of minor importance.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monique! I'm hoping the smaller size will make it less of a burden to store for them. I'm excited to see pictures of the little one playing with it!

      Delete