POSTS SLIDER

Read More

See Spot Run!




Sometimes when life gives you lemons, you make bourbon and lemonade.  Right.  But it tastes heavenly. Well, what I really mean is when you purchase the wicker dog bed kit by IGMA Artisan Barbara Richmond from The Little Dollhouse Company and you loose the linen string and cushion materials in less then 5 hours of opening it....then you have to do something.

Yes, there was a lot of swearing when I realized I misplaced those items.

So...I went and purchased some dental floss.  It is much, much finer then the waxed linen string Barbara provides.  I made just over double the rows suggested to match the kits suggested height.  I then realized that the braid along the basket edges was supposed to be thick enough to cover the base.  Well that wasn`t going to happen! Since this kit was destined to be hacked anyway, I decided to upholster it in a pet friendly grey felt and make a cushion in the same felt.  The floss was painted in `Fawn` by Americana.  It`s pretty close to a raw wicker as I could find.

There you have it.  My mistake actually turned into a project I like much, much more then the original kit!



And In Other News.....


Besides making Instagram bits, I also made some more mini items!  I petit pointed a wall hanging (22 count) and made some rugs.  DoubleNMinis (check out their Etsy store - gorgeous stuff!) suggested via Instagram that I try a Clover Mini Iron since I was complaining that I burn and mutilate my fingertips as I iron on trim to my rugs.  It looks amazing and arrived yesterday.  So you know what I`ll be up to soon!