Thursday, December 10, 2015

Wrap It Up People!





Sure the tree ain't decorated. Sure not much else is done. But this family doesn't care. It's gift wrapping time!






Wrapping up presents. Shipping some abroad with FedEx. Apparently they will be paying expedited shipping since they are cutting it close.






Making Wrapping Paper Rolls (And Other Bits)


I had seen some in stores and online. But, I thought it looked simple enough that I'd give it a try!


You need:

  • Paper straws
  • Christmas napkins
  • A sharp craft knife
  • White glue

I measured a few of my Christmas paper rolls and decided that my mini rolls would be about 3 inches in length. 

The gold and white "roll" is actually just the paper straw, no additional paper.....suspiciously similar to one I saw on ebay! The red "roll" is paper cut from a Christmas napkin. Yes, you could find some thing, shrink it down in Word and print it to get a tiny design on your paper. Or you can dig out your Christmas napkins when you are decorating and use that tiny print. If you're looking for stock, check your dollar store too! 

Apply a thin smear of glue on your paper straw, wrap the paper around and glue the other edge down. I left a bit of space between the edge and the glue line so the exposed edge looks loose, more like realistic paper. 

You could cut some paper and make a label to add packaging, i.e. make a sealed up package of 2-3 rolls of paper. Then wrap it in clear cling. Meh. I'm too lazy. 

The red and white stripped gift bag is just wrapping paper. I used the template from the Warm Wished bag from my Jean Day kit.

The rolls of ribbon/twine are simple. I found some tiny beads aka pony beads. Then I made thin strips of ribbon from what I had in my Christmas wrap stash.  I fed the ribbon through the bead and left an exposed end.





Where To Buy

16 comments :

  1. I LOVE IT Kat! You have certainly evoked the frenzied last minute Christmas wrapping as well as the joy and excitement of the season, in each of these photos. These pictures have put me into the Spirit of Christmas,because of how perfectly you have placed each of your teeny tiny details! VERY WELL DONE! :D Merry hoHoHO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth!My basement looked very much like this...a wrapping bomb exploded

      Delete
  2. Oh so fun! I bet your little one is a big helper! The holidays are so much more exciting with little ones around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Kitty is the Queen of Sticky Tape (so our gifts have tape EVERYWHERE)

      Delete
  3. Everything you do is so creative. I have to try some of these. I really like the tape (yes, of all things).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the tape in the store I did an (inside) squeal of delight

      Delete
  4. Super cute! Thanks for the how-to tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your tutorial and for the links. I love your display.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the present wrapping scene. Thank you for all of the tips and how-to's =0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohh gift wrapping, that's fun! And it looks great! How smart to use paper straws, they look super, thanks for your tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to claim the straws were a stroke of genius, but really it was a lazy move on my part that turned out ok!!

      Delete
  8. I love this scene! So beautiful!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete